This post contains no SharePoint. This isn’t the MSDN article you were looking for.
You can go about your business. Move along, move along….
[ Family nostalgia warning…. For my future nostalgia to be more precise…. ]
With all the recent craziness, I hadn’t taken time out to write up a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our lovely Liam – also known as Lee’s, Flea-man or Lee-Lee.
We’d arranged to have a birthday party on the day (Oct 25th – also our wedding anniversary) – and had the family over for a BBQ & games.
Liam was excitedly opening his presents – with an “Oh Wow !” with every one, and getting MORE amazed with each opening. Ohhh WOOOWW !!
One of the games we played was musical statues – dancing to the Wiggles, and then everyone stops when the music stops. I asked Liam if he wanted a different song (expecting Hi-5, or similar) – and he says “Swash ! Jungle !”
Yep – he was asking for Slash, and “Welcome To The Jungle”. I put it on, and he squealed in delight, and began moshing around with Cameron doing air guitar ! (very proud Dad here)
He’s such an amazing little boy – he is always laughing, and has some amazing facial expressions. So hard to remember all the stuff he’s doing every day :
* He does this funny little “ooohh !” noise, with an in-breath sound (can’t describe in typing) – even when looking at picture books, and turning a page.
* Does a little karate chop move saying “Eee, haaw” – it doubles as a Cowboy “yerr-harr” – and whatever else
* Loves his brother Charlie, always giving him kisses on the forehead
* Words are more and more forthcoming – he was saying “Thank” until recently – only just realised the word is ‘plural’.
* HIs favourite bed time toy is Baxter – a Myer Christmas bear. Cameron also has the one from his first Christmas (Henry) – we’ll get one for Charlie this year too. Baxter is doing fairly well – lots of squeeze & hugs – Liam calls him “Bagger”
* He knows all of our families names, Femron for Cameron, and Charwee for Charlie – and Chrowee for Chloe. He even lists all his Aunties & Uncles, and cousins – and has 99% nailed counting to ten !
* He just loooves Buzz Lightyear, pointing at every page in the Toy Story book – and saying “ooohhh ! Buzz !” He carries around a little action figure toy – holding him up and saying “BUZZ !!”
* If he’s wanting to play a game, he’s known to say “Dad, Dad !” and snap his fingers to get my attention – and then “C’m here” (beckoning me to him)
* He got a little plastic bowling pin set for his birthday – which he loves to play. It took a while to realise that “Muup” was actually “Set ‘Em Up” – ha ha.
* He’s a ‘routine’ kid – he needs to have his placemat to be square – even putting down his fork to move the placemat to be straight
* When doing teeth, the step stools in the bathroom have to be in the right place – one for each lad, blue & white. He’ll swap them if they’re wrong.
* Even when putting him in the bath once – he was kicking and yelling “No, Nudie”, and I realised he wanted to do the standard nudie run – before happily getting in the bath.
* Says “Do It !” when he wants to do something, like feeding or playing (meaning “I want to do it”)
* Bounces lots on the trampoline with his brother Cameron – actually, he pretty much follows him everywhere – partners in crime, that’s for sure.
* Liam has to have the worst ever bed hair – just a hilarious birds nest most mornings.
* Has a cheeky grin and laugh, and loves doing a deep sounding “hoo hoo” laugh for fun, accompanied with an “arrr” like a pirate – complete with another type of karate chop.
* He’s still wearing his boots to bed, it has never troubled him – he puts them on without a fuss every time – truly. Of course, there is often is a giggle game where I put one foot in, and he pulls is out again and laughs. He’ll continue to wear the boots until he’s four – currently a day sleep, and overnight.
Liam is two already – can’t believe he’s growing up so fast. Thankfully, we haven’t seen any sign of impending “terrible two’s” (yet ?)
I’m sure there will be – but the fun & games – and conversations – will only get better too.
Happy Birthday little dude, thanks for a fun two years !
Love Dad. x