It’s now mid-January, and I’m winding back up to full speed after the Christmas/New Year break.
As I look forward into 2018, I thought I’d have a reflect back on 2017.
If I’m honest, last year was possibly the best year I’ve had in the past 20 years.
Some of the biggest highs, and lowest lows, and great new experiences, and I’m really enjoying working as a sole operator – and have found a good outlook on life.
- Mountain biking weekend trips – Rotorua, and Falls Creek
- AUDAX ride to Lake Mountain
- Otway Odyssey MTB race – other than a PayPal hack the night before (!!)
- Attended PauseFest
- New home computer
- Cirque Du Soleil with the kids – and Melbourne Show (Grand Final Day)
- Drove a Porsche ! And went for a ride in a V8 Mustang
- Enjoyed a bunch of PodCasts – S-Town, MS Cloud Show, This American Life
- Read a bunch of Books – George Lucas biog, Bryan Cranston biog, Subtle Art of NGAF, Sebastian Bach biog, Jack Reacher
- Trying to get along to YOGA more regularly
- Family Day out at Lysterfield, and lunch at The Piggery
- Finished off TV series “Halt & Catch Fire”
- Presented a conference session in Sydney – and won a Google Home !
- Attic Group roof box installed for more storage
Not Good Stuff
- Bike got stolen ! Fvkcers !!
- Mike Hall died – so sad, even though I had never met him (IPWR)
- Chloe. Losing her REALLY broke my heart – and still does. I think this made the end-of-2017 very hard, without her around when stressed/etc
- Owen’s funeral – the day after Chloe died
- Work chaos/anxiety – mild panic attacks
- Arguments with friends – and FaceBook dramas
- Mum getting older, and needing some time in hospital (mid-year)
- Travelled to Europe in July/August – bucket list items
- Amsterdam – cycling around town/country
- High Speed train across to Germany
- WACKEN – just incredible – hopefully go back again some day
- Autobahn – 200 kmh in a Mercedes
- Berlin Wall, & Prague (Skoda Factory)
- Copenhagen to visit cousins
- New company car !! Skoda Octavia
- Carnival Cruise after Christmas – 11 days with family
- House plans for extension, we’re almost ready to go !
For 2018 !!?!
This year is shaping up a little differently – but will be amazing for different reasons :
- Cameron starts high school – Wantirna College
- Teenager alert ! Cameron also turns 13….!
- Commencing house extension in February – $$$ ahead
- New TV, stereo planned – already worked out what to get (LOL !)
- Dog for the family – Golden Retriever, or Greyhound (adoption) – or both !!?
- We will celebrate 15 years of marriage in October – wow…
We’ll have to wait and see how the year pans out – it’s begun with a flurry of activity, getting ready to remove our garage, loading boxes into the new Attic Room, and a new garden shed, and new IKEA furniture.
The travels will be much less this year – concentrating on the house extension.
Similarly, less time for bike riding/training – but the 2nd half of the year will be “get fit again” – and perhaps plan for the THREE PEAKS in March 2019…(?)
It’s amazing how time marches on – it waits for no man, as they say…
Hope you had a great Christmas + New Years time – and a wonderful 2018 !