Wow – amazing to see that we’re already into July – I’ve been enjoying telling people “it’s less than six months till Christmas” – LOL !
Has been a little quiet on the blogging from me – so here’s a quick run-down of what the year has comprised of (for me) :
- Summer time fun with kids
- Last gasps of Christmas + Holiday fun
- Australia Day BBQ (1 2)
- Mt Buller Downhill MTB’ing (Chairlift)
- Work – SharePoint 2010 migration + develop Async DVWP
- Cameron’s 7th birthday
- Late Feb training – run, ride, swim
- Concert – MachineHead
- Work – SharePoint video ECM components
- SoundWave – full-day heavy metal festival (1 2 3)
- Started AusKick w/ Cameron – and Liam !
- BRW Triathalon
- SharePoint Conference (Australia) – prepare presentation
- Work – SharePoint charting + reporting (+ 3 years at OBS)
- Tough deadlines + AUSPC = only just made it through March (!)
- Started re-watching BREAKING BAD (from Season 1)
- Lots of riding – training for big MTB race
- Low-key celebrations for my birthday (40th !)
- Wombat 100 MTB race – 100 km !
- 511 km of riding for April – a new record
- Liam – boots-off party
- Cameron completed New Super Mario Bros (Wii) – PROUD !
- Work – Silverlight PivotViewer webpart
- Focus back on family, after work/riding – remember me ??!
- Weekend away with Donna
- 40th birthday party with friends
- Donna & Sean’s birthday
- Late night (OR) early morning watching MTB DH World Cup
- Planning / preparing for new kitchen – ripping up flooring
- Work – InfoPath + Nintex (Moorabbin)
- New kitchen !
- Ripping up flooring
- Moved out of home for floorboards polishing
- Painted hallway, toilet, laundry, kitchen
- Charlie turned THREE !
- More BREAKING BAD
- Work – InfoPath + Nintex (Moorabbin)
*phew* Amazing to sum up SIX months – in a few paragraphs.
Lots of other crazy stuff happened of course, but my personal highlights (top 5) were :
- Kid’s birthday parties
- Wombat100 Mountain Bike race
- Presenting at the Australian SharePoint Conference
- …and a new kitchen !
I always tend to get a little ‘flat’ during winter – has been some tough times getting through the kitchen renovations, and I’m not as enthused about work/career (and SharePoint) over the last few months – and user group, blogging, conferences, etc seems like a bit of a chore.
I blame WDS (winter depression syndrome) – well, that’s what *I* call it.
But – acknowledging that I’m in a bit of ‘rut’ is half the battle – so it’s (hopefully) onward-and-upward for the rest of the year – with some better project work – and SharePoint 15 learnings ahead.
New Year’s Resolutions
As someone who doesn’t believe in resolutions, but have “goals” to do, one of them was to cycle 100km/week – and aim for 5,000 km for the year – and ride to work “once a week (on average)”.
Currently at just over 2,000 km for the year – so a little behind. And have ridden to work 24 times, in 27 weeks. Again – a little behind (during winter).
Here’s the month-by-month (from Strava) :
Ahead for 2012
Hard to predict what might happen of course – the best laid plans of mice & men – and all that stuff…
- SharePoint Saturday – have chosen to NOT present this time, after being a speaker for the last 3-4 years
- Liam turning 5 ! (and preparing for school next year – what the !?)
- TechEd ? Have submitted a session
- SharePoint 15 – lots of learning ahead – get fired up !
- SharePoint Conference in Vegas – NOT going this year – slightly bummed about that.
- Biking – entered for the Around The Bay 210 km !
- Another MTB race event ?
Winter time has taken hold – so it’s good to look back on the year, and think about what’s to come.
Mid-winter is a bit crappy – but only another month of it…
Hope YOUR year is progressing nicely – and you’re having a blast…
Let’s do lunch/coffee !
** This is one of my fave pic’s from the year so far – Queen’s Birthday ride to The Dandenongs…