With Christmas upon us (tomorrow), I thought I’d take a look back at 2007, as I’d done in early 2006 (the year that was – 2006).
And will re-visit plans/goals for 2007, and re-assess for 2008 (next post)
It’s nearly a year since “Grumpy Wookie” was born – actually registered on Dec.25th, 2006. There have been 268 posts – but only 22 in last 3 months (more on WHY in a minute). Was 57 in January !
I’ve been blogging for over 4 years now – with my first post/s on Radio Userland – I think there were only 10+ posts, and they’ve since disappeared into the ether.
That’s 4.5 years – even longer than Frank Arrigo !
From a glance through, it looks like the general themes were the same ol’ stuff – Microsoft technologies (SharePoint + VS), user groups, K2 + Workflow, music (Nine Inch Nails !), family, and cars – and reports from Tech.Ed !
Also, jumped on board with Twitter (addicted) – and FaceBook (still not so sure).
Anyway, here are some highlights/posts from the year that was 2007 (for Grumpy Wookie) :
- Plans & ideas for 2007
- The year that was – 2006
- More Rock News – Year Zero (the start of things to come for NIN-2007 !)
- Vista Sidebar gadget – Most Viewed Articles – First Attempt @ Windows Sidebar Gadget
- 1977, 1987, 1997 – looking back from 2007
- Back From Away Days (SDM)
- K2 – Workflows in MOSS @ MOSSIG
- Music – Windows Vista @ Big Day Out
- Music – Big Day Out 2007
- Finally made it to MCAD
And that was just from January !
- Music – Viral Music – Nine Inch Nails
- Music – More NIN-ness
- Installed Windows Vista @ Home – Only took until midnight
- Vista Sidebar gadget – Updated Gadget
- Curse of the Wookie – Technology – Good, Bad and Ugly – grumpy indeed
- New MP3 player – Rebuilding my gadget treasure-trove
- K2 [blackpearl] – new website – excited
- Crowds go mild at PlayStation 3 launch – ha ha !
- Music – Exclusive- Nine Inch Nails’ New Album
- New phone – i-Mate JAMin
- SharePoint 2007 CSS Reference Chart – Heather Solomon ROCKS !
- Music – RIAA Goes After NINE INCH NAILS Fans Over Deliberate Leak Campaign
- Music – NINE INCH NAILS- Entire ‘Year Zero’ Album Available For Streaming
- K2 [blackpearl] – First Impressions
- Can you see the light – Silverlight
- New Nine Inch Nails album – Year Zero Has Arrived
- BIG NEWS ! Another baby on the way – K2 = Kid.2
- New blog site – Another announcement – devK2.net
- Microsoft Pre-Release Software Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Beta 1
- Music – NINE INCH NAILS Puts Songs On BitTorrent
- Workflows in Windows SharePoint Services (WSS)
- The Jail “Ho” Rock – Free Paris Hilton Petition – what the ??!?
- SharePoint – South East Water Sharepoint Site – Web Content Management (WCM)
- Addicted !! Twitter + Twitteroo
- Music – Update from Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) – May 13
- Music – nine inch nails – again
- Music – CD price rip-off
- Music – Review – Nine Inch Nails (x2) – I still re-read this to remember this amazing concert – haven’t seen another band for the rest of the year !
- Music – Q & A- Trent Reznor lets rip at ignorant record companies
- Favourite pub/concert venue burned down – Long live The Palace
- New PC ordered – Faster blogging ahead !
- K2 Insider – Insider Trading
- Music (MachineHead) – Aesthetics Of Hate – some very interesting comments for this article – my most popular for the year !
- It’s here !! New PC *yay*
- Happy Birthday – 4+ years of blogging (July 5, 2007)
- 7/7/7 ‘Live Earth’
- Harness the power of PLAY – simple invention to help children in Africa
- Microsoft’s Annual Revenue Surpasses $50 Billion
- Tech.Ed 2007 – 2 weeks to go !
- GUNS N’ ROSES – Appetite For Destruction – 20 years old !
- More Curse Of The Wookie – PC Troubles & Fiddlings
- Sir Elton John wants the internet to be shut down
- Colin McRae – LIVE in 2008 – to return to Rallying ?? (Fate dealt a worse blow only a few months later)
Tech.Ed 2007 – Gold Coast :
- Tech.Ed.So.Far – Day 1
- More Tech’ish stuff
- Tech.Ed Day 2 – slow start
- TechEd.Progress = 66.6666 – 2/3 complete
- P A A A A R T Y
- Tech.Ed over, and home again
Back to normal (post-Tech-Ed)
- Nirvana Baby – Nevermind – the baby from album cover for “Nevermind”
- Music – Nine Inch Nails – Live in Europe (August 2007)
- MOSSIG – August 2007
- MOSSIG Meeting – slide-deck
- K2 + Grumpy Wookie
- First there was Clippy, then Microsoft Bob – and next is [Microsoft Will] – William Cornwill off to Microsoft
- User Group – Workflow in .NET – the K2 way
- Colin McRae killed in helicopter crash – Flying is more dangerous than driving + Statement from CodeMasters
- Music – more Trent Reznor – Chaos in Digital Music
- Rage Against The Big Day Out – Rage Against The Machine for 2008
- Wrap-up for September – Busy times – offline – Holiday + Renovations + K2 Breakfast Seminars
- Big Day Out 2008 !
- Music – Trent Reznor free from record company – He’s free ! (and FREE music from RadioHead)
- Getting ready for new arrival – Go-Live date is near
- Second monitor for study – Double Vision + Welcome to the GWCC
- My 1st Computer (1993)
- Liam Alexander – And baby makes FOUR !
- Music – Trent Reznor + Niggy Tardust
- Welcome home, Liam (photos)
- Microsoft – The Rules Of The Road + Workflow
- Rant – Christmas time – lots of Ho’s about ?
- Music – Nine Inch Nails remix album – NIN remix’ed
- VS 2008
- Wrap-up for World Rally 2007 – 4th time lucky indeed
- Wireless router + internet troubles – The way it should’ve been
So – there you have it – a very busy year indeed. *phew*
Life has changed (again) with the arrival of Liam Alexander – Christmas is going to be great with FOUR of us (a family !). Just not much time left for nerd’ing and blogging.
Times will change (yet again) – and will report more soon (only 5 posts for December – including this one !) :
There are a few items that remain (as yet) “Unblogged” – which deserve some mention, but simply haven’t had time to delve into – or blog about – but will soon !
K2 blackmarket was created in order to facilitate project and code sharing in the K2Underground community. Sharing projects and code with other members of the community can greatly enhance the learning experience as well as reduce the learning curve that is inherently part of getting to know new technologies.