As much fun as it is to travel and sightsee, there’s also a lot of interesting sights within our own town – Melbourne.
Donna, Cameron and I headed into the city (or “sitt-ee” as Cameron kept chanting) to explore and chill out, and stay over night. Just got home, exhausted – and felt like away for a few days, not just over night.
- Checked in to Clarion Suites – nice little 1 bedroom unit with kitchen & all
- Just on the city circle (free) Melbourne tram – no ticket inspectors to worry about. 😉
- Around to Docklands, and wandered near the boats & all – stopped for coffee & cake
- Back onto the tram, and off again at Melbourne Central
- Wandered through shops – as Cameron slept in pram
- Donna hadn’t been there before – showed her the “shot tower”
- Melbourne Central is “alive” again – after nearly dying off after Diamaru collapse
- Had chips from Lord Of The Fries near Flinders St station – yummo !
- Back to the hotel – and off for swim in the pool – before showers & ready for night out
- Southbank – great dinner @ La Camera – our new favourite restaurant
- Ice Cream at Trampoline – grumpy chicks behind the counter (on a Sat. night)
- Saw huuuge black stretch Hummer limo outside Crown Casino – Cameron VERY excited
- Back to apartment – Cameron to bed in porta-cot – and watch DVD in bed
*phew* And that was just a half-day outing. And then Sunday morning also :
- Let mum sleep in a bit – and had presents & cards – and hugs from Cameron (Mother’s Day !)
- Checkout and load car, before over to Crown Casino (Automatic) for breakfast
- Bacon & eggs, coffee – and Cameron had toast, and 3 jam portions – eaten “raw”
- Wander, wander, wander – end up at Birrarung Marr
- Onto the ferris wheel – great views of the city
- Wandered back to car, and home again !
Lovely afternoon/evening/morning in our fine city – with weather to match. I love Melbourne !
Now gotta go mow lawns, more digging. 😦 Have to get it done before next weekend with DINGO coming.
And then Nine Inch Nails tonight – no word on a cancellation, or postponed ! *fingers crossed*
Filed under: Blog |