The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 1 is a preview release of the latest version of the .NET Framework.
… building on the new features Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows CardSpace.
The .NET Framework 3.5 adds new features in several major technology areas; including:
- Deep integration of Language Integrated Query (LINQ) and data awareness
- ASP.NET AJAX for quickly creating more efficient, more interactive and highly-personalized Web experiences that work across all the most popular browsers
- New web protocol support for building WCF services including AJAX, JSON, REST, POX, RSS, ATOM and several new WS-* standards
- Full tooling support for WF, WCF and WPF including the new workflow-enabled services technology
- New classes in the base class library (BCL) for the .NET Framework 3.5 address the most common customer requests.
.NET Framework 3.5 is planned to release at the end of 2007 and will ship with Visual Studio code name ”Orcas” and will be available for separate download from MSDN.
For more detail about the features being introduced in .NET Framework 3.5 and Visual Studio code name “Orcas”, click here
For more information about the .NET Framework, click here